Thank you for stopping by the Elizabethtown First Church of God’s website. Please stay as long as you like and peruse our offerings. This is a great church filled with compassionate and loving people. This is also a church that knows a building doesn’t define who we are. Rather our actions and words speak boldly of our love for God and His love for us. We’d enjoy the chance to meet you!
Youth in grades 6th through 12th are welcome to join us Wednesday nights for a time of food, fun, and fellowship. We meet in the church basement from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. Please be considerate of others and wear a face mask while we are still fighting against COVID. Thank you!
Keep checking the weekly bulletin, emails, Facebook, and website for upcoming events like concerts, hikes, and much more.
If you are in need of food, please come to our Food Pantry from 12:30-1:30 PM on Sundays. We are reopening the pantry for “in-person” pickups Sunday, November 1, 2020.
• Receive a number from the parking attendant when you enter the parking lot (lot opens at 12:00 pm)
• Park and remain in your vehicle until the parking attendant calls your number (look for the “Now Serving” board the attendant will be holding)
• When your number is called, please only have one person enter the building per family unless you need assistance and have brought a helper.
• Enter through the side glass doors and walk downstairs. You will either be directed to:
• Enter the pantry room on the left and a shopping assistant will meet you or Wait in the “on deck” room in the Fellowship Hall on the right.
• If you need to use the elevator or ramp, please tell the parking attendant when you receive your number and you will be permitted to enter through our front or back doors when your number is called.
• When it is your turn to shop, your shopping assistant will lead you through the room, asking you which food items you would like to have from each department.
Please allow your assistant to physically hand you the food items from the shelves (to help comply with our Covid-19 precautions)
• Once you and your assistant have made your way around the room and have finished shopping, please exit out of the same doors from which you entered.
• Only 4 shoppers will be allowed to shop in the room at one time. Once a person exits the room, another shopper will be called in from the “On Deck” Room to begin shopping, and so forth.
• Please note the following:
Your assistant will hand you the food that you pick out. Only one trip through the pantry is permitted, to ensure we have enough food for everyone throughout the week. Please wear a mask whenever you are in the building
A limited number of pre-boxed/bagged food items will be available if you are picking up for other families who are unable to make it to the pantry. if you would prefer not to go inside and shop, let the parking attendant know and someone will bring a box /bag to your vehicle. Please bring your own bags and/or boxes for your food items.
The Etown Eats Food Pantry is now being overseen by the Elizabethtown First Church of God. Food from the King, a non-profit organization that reaches out to individuals, families, groups, and organizations to assist in fighting the war on hunger, is still involved as our food distributor.
We strive to reach out to those struggling with hunger. All are welcome. From the week-old infant to the 110-year-old individual, we work with everyone to ensure that people are fed.
Here are the details and protocols that the church is using to help ensure a healthy and safe environment as we return to corporate worship: Enhanced cleaning of the sanctuary, bathrooms, and other public areas before and after the worship service. Appropriately spaced seating (it will be obvious which seats are not available to be used). Families are encouraged to sit together, but those who do not regularly have contact with each other should sit 6’ apart from each other. No printed materials will be handed out (bulletins, gems, etc.). Masks will be required for the time being (those who have a medical condition that precludes wearing a mask will be exempt). Bibles will be removed from the sanctuary, so please be sure to bring your own. Shaking hands and hugging are discouraged for the time being. Hand sanitizers will be readily available. There will be no snacks/food available in the café area. Children will remain with their families during the worship gathering.
Please feel free to allow kids to bring appropriate things to help keep them occupied.
Whereas legally, churches have been exempt in the commonwealth of PA from not gathering together, church leadership believes it has been wise to take the precautions in order to ensure the safety of our congregation, community, and visitors. The protocols listed above have been recommended by the Eastern Region Churches of God. While Lancaster County is now in the “green” phase, church leadership has agreed to continue taking precautions listed above to help ensure a safe worship environment for our church family.
Please know that LIVE steaming of the service will continue as a regular feature of our church’s ministry. If you do not feel comfortable attending an “in-person” worship service, we welcome you to join us online!
Also, for the time being, Sunday School classes are still postponed. The only “in-person” meeting time will be Sunday morning until further notice.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Be bold, be holy, and be Jesus for someone. -Pastor Dave