If you are in need of food, please come to our Food Pantry from 12:30-1:30 PM on Sundays. We are reopening the pantry for “in-person” pickups Sunday, November 1, 2020.
• Receive a number from the parking attendant when you enter the parking lot (lot opens at 12:00 pm)
• Park and remain in your vehicle until the parking attendant calls your number (look for the “Now Serving” board the attendant will be holding)
• When your number is called, please only have one person enter the building per family unless you need assistance and have brought a helper.
• Enter through the side glass doors and walk downstairs. You will either be directed to:
• Enter the pantry room on the left and a shopping assistant will meet you or Wait in the “on deck” room in the Fellowship Hall on the right.
• If you need to use the elevator or ramp, please tell the parking attendant when you receive your number and you will be permitted to enter through our front or back doors when your number is called.
• When it is your turn to shop, your shopping assistant will lead you through the room, asking you which food items you would like to have from each department.
Please allow your assistant to physically hand you the food items from the shelves (to help comply with our Covid-19 precautions)
• Once you and your assistant have made your way around the room and have finished shopping, please exit out of the same doors from which you entered.
• Only 4 shoppers will be allowed to shop in the room at one time. Once a person exits the room, another shopper will be called in from the “On Deck” Room to begin shopping, and so forth.
• Please note the following:
Your assistant will hand you the food that you pick out. Only one trip through the pantry is permitted, to ensure we have enough food for everyone throughout the week. Please wear a mask whenever you are in the building
A limited number of pre-boxed/bagged food items will be available if you are picking up for other families who are unable to make it to the pantry. if you would prefer not to go inside and shop, let the parking attendant know and someone will bring a box /bag to your vehicle. Please bring your own bags and/or boxes for your food items.
The Etown Eats Food Pantry is now being overseen by the Elizabethtown First Church of God. Food from the King, a non-profit organization that reaches out to individuals, families, groups, and organizations to assist in fighting the war on hunger, is still involved as our food distributor.
We strive to reach out to those struggling with hunger. All are welcome. From the week-old infant to the 110-year-old individual, we work with everyone to ensure that people are fed.